Almost every day, animals are dropped off at Wakulla County Animal Control. Some have simply wandered away from home and are waiting to be reunited with their owners; others have been abandoned or surrendered.
- Lost or abandoned animals are held for 5 days before being scheduled to be put to sleep (PTS).
- Owner surrendered animals can be put down at any time.
- The shelter's stance is to keep animals alive as long as it has available kennels. This means that if the shelter becomes full, animals who have stayed longer than 5 days, or who have been surrendered, will be euthanized. The animals are always considered "URGENT".
- Animals that are lost or abandoned may be adopted 5 days after their arrival date.
- While WCAC does its very best to offer preliminary vet care for animals leaving the shelter, we encourage all new owners to take their animals to a veterinarian for a thorough examination and we do not guarantee the health of any animal leaving the shelter!
To Adopt a homeless animal:
- View our animal Facebook albums of current shelter animals that are looking for their forever homes.
Available Animals for Adoption that are currently residing at the Wakulla County Animal Control in Crawfordville, FL.
Adoption fees cover vaccines, spay/neuter, and micro-chipping.
Male Cats: $85
Female Cats: $100